Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Weekly WI

So I had my WI last night and I am delighted I was down 2.5lbs. I really wanted 3.5lbs so I could reach my first mini goal; 13st 13.5lbs. I probably was a little too ambitious with that target though. What I really wanted this week was to lose more than what I had gained last week. I gained 1.5lbs last week so I am happy to have that off again along with another pound. When I was updating my weekly results in the side bar, I did get a bit upset. I have only lost 1.5lbs in the first 4 weeks and only 4lbs in 5 weeks. Now don't get me wrong, 4lbs down is still 4lbs down, which is good. However when you hear of others losing a stone in a month etc. it does get a bit disheartening. Being honest though, the first few weeks I wasn't as good as I should have been. This week I did try really hard and I enjoyed my week and it showed on the scales. It is time to put that effort in every week and I know if I do, I will get the results I want. I have six weeks until my holidays and I'd really like to get my first stone by then. 10lbs in 6 weeks. A bit optimistic but as long as I am sticking to the plan every week  and losing every week, I am happy.

Along with the challenges I set for myself this month, I am also setting myself a new one this week. I have realised I am a bit obsessed with the scales. Every time I am in the bathroom, I hop on them. Ideally I would love to put them away but I am not the only one that uses them. Digital scales are also sensitive to movement so its best just to leave them where they are. So I am going to use every bit of willpower in me to avoid the scales until Saturday. I will take a sneak peak then as I found last weekend, when I saw I was down, it helped me stay on track for the weekend. I will then stay off them until my WI on Wednesday. I am liking setting myself challenges, as I find they help me stay on track. So if you are struggling, set yourself some weekly goals or challenges. Keep them small and simple such as trying new foods. It really does help :)

1 comment: