Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Monday 13 May 2013

WW Catch Up

I haven't posted in the last few days as I have been really busy. I posted my meal plan for the week last Tuesday and I have pretty much stuck to it except for a few changes here or there. I have been bang on points every day except fro Friday. Friday, we decided to go for drinks after work which led to eating out so I have no idea how many points I used. On the plus side, I have taken a sneaky peak at the scales yesterday and this morning, and it is showing a loss. I have been stuck in and around the 14st 2/3lbs mark the last few weeks, so I think I may just break that! Seeing the loss on the scales has definitely helped me stay on track this weekend and I'm working really hard for a good loss on Wednesday.

My May Challenge has been going really well so far, besides my little slip-up on Friday but I wouldn't completely classify that as a binge. My new fruit & veg last week was spinach and bananas. I have to say initially I hated the smoothie initially, but definitely by the end of the week I was enjoying it. I also had kale this weekend in Colcannon mash. I only tried kale for the first time a few weeks ago and now I love it mixed with mash. This week I'm trying my Summer Berries Juice with apples, pears and mixed berries. I've never had a pear before in my life and the only berries I have had is strawberries. Also next weekend, I am going to try courgettes with a bolognese sauce I am going to make. I will post the recipe next weekend. 

The only part of my May challenge that I have not completed this week was the exercise. I have done absolutely none which also means my 30DS challenge has gone out the window. There are a few reason I didn't do any. It started off with being exhausted after work but then I got thinking about my WI. I always find that on weeks I exercise, my weight loss is either very low or non-existent. So seeing as I had done very little already this week, I have decided to wait until after my WI on Wednesday to start exercising again. It'll be interesting to see the comparison with this Wednesday's WI and next Wednesday's WI; no exercise vs exercise! Of course that will only work with everything else being equal.
I also am going to start level 2 30DS from the start. I had done 5 days of level 2 but they've been very scattered so I want to start it again to see the full effect. I can definitely feel the effect of all the exercise I have done to date, which is why it is important to look at the bigger picture. Yes the scales may slow down, but the inch loss and your body shape will continue to change. Exercise is also important for your general well-being which is why I would never give it up entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment