Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Thursday 18 April 2013

Chicken Stroganoff

Following on from my Hearty Meals post, this recipe is one of my favourites. It has a great taste to it and you do not feel like you are on a diet eating it. Bon appetit!

Propoints: 8 pps
Discover Points: 6 points
Serves: 2
Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
60g rice
200g lean chicken fillet
1 tsp low fat butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can low-fat condensed chicken soup
30ml half-fat creme de fraiche
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
Salt and pepper

Method:
Cook rice according to package instructions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
Cut meat into thin strips. In a large frying pan, heat the butter. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft.
Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Stir in chicken soup, mushrooms, Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Simmer until chicken and mushrooms are cooked. Add creme de fraiche; stir until well blended.
Remove from heat and serve with rice.

* Can be made with beef instead of chicken for the exact same propoints. 100g lean beef is 3 propoints.
** For the low fat chicken soup, the only brand I have been able to source so far is Erin. I have found it in all the main supermarkets.
*** I use Tesco's own brand half-fat creme de fraiche which can be found alongside the other creams.

No comments:

Post a Comment