Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Monday 29 April 2013

Exam Time and Staying on Track


It is that time of year again where you will see stressful students wandering around. It can be a nightmare for anyone on WW. This is the first year in a long time where I do not have exams. It was during the Leaving Cert that I was at my highest weight. The thing you have to remember is that it is vital to eat properly during exam time. You will feel so much better, more energised and you will not have the general sluggish feeling that comes with eating poorly. Ask yourself; what are your study flaws; are you prone to stress eating? If so then here are some tips to get you through those stressful times:

1. Do a big grocery shop before you start into study. Get your WW staples along with whatever low point treats you like. If you do not have time to do a shop, write a list and get someone else to do it for you.

2. When planning out your study schedule for the next day, take a few minutes and plan your meals as well. Planning and tracking takes only a few minutes. It will help you stay on track throughout your exams.

3. Exercise is key. Not only does it help with WW but it will also help you study. Exercise is known for rejuvenating the body and can help with concentration. You need to take breaks so use that time wisely. When I was studying for my Masters, I started the day with a good workout and then during the day I did smaller workouts. Then at night, if I was not tired, I would do another workout. I probably did more exercise during my exams than I did during the summer.

4. If you attend meetings, try your best to attend them. They are only 20 minutes and will make a nice change of scenery from your study.

5. Most importantly, do not stress. Focus on what is important, your exams. WW comes second. Do what you have time for and feel comfortable with. If you gain a few lbs over those weeks, you will lose them again over the summer.



Low Point Treats:
Fruit - 0pps
Jaffa Cakes - 1pp for one cake, 3pps for 2 cakes, 4pps for 3 cakes, 5pps for 4 cakes (not really sure how the maths work on that one, but its what the calculator says!)
Curly Wurly - 3pps
Skips - 2pps per pack, 5pps for 2
Popcorn 30g - 4pps
Options Hot Chocolate - 1pp
Milky Way Bar - 3pps per bar, 5pps for 2
Various WW snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment