Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Wednesday 17 April 2013

My Fitness Challenge Days 5-10


I decided to document the remaining days together so as not to clog up the blog with lots of posts!

I did day 5 on Thursday. Yet again I had to force myself to do it as I was exhausted after work. I am always so tired after work that normally I come in throw my dinner in the microwave and collapse on the couch. Now I make myself do the 30DS and then allow myself to collapse :) Funny thing is, I always feel so much better after I do it. I can really feel it starting to affect my stomach. This is great as I have been feeling very bloated lately. I managed to do it in 25 minutes which is not too bad. I was distracted by something else so I have to up the ante to get back to 23 minutes.

The tiredness got the better of me on Friday so day 6 was left until Saturday. I was not feeling the best on Saturday but I made myself do it. I took my time at it though, 29 minutes which was not too bad. I had intended on doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones, however I ended up having to visit a family member in hospital. That took up most of my day and by the time I got home, I just about managed to get through 30DS. On a side note, for the squat and punch exercise, try and squat as low as possible. Also take note that the proper form is to hold your head up and look straight ahead. I only realised today that I tend to look down at the screen while doing this exercise. By keeping proper form, not only do you prevent injury but it helps keep the abs tight.

Day 7 did not go according to plan either. I ended up going for drinks with some friends so I only had time to do 30DS. I was even slower again today, completing it in 29 minutes. I have got back into the habit of taking quick breaks in between exercises so I need to reign that in. I really wanted to measure myself today but I am holding out until Wednesday when I should be finished.



Monday was day 8 of 30DS and while I was doing it, I decided to do day 9 as well. What I did was, I did circuit 1 once through and went back and did it again before moving on to circuit 2. I was sweating like mad doing it but I am really starting to feel the effect it is having on my body. It took me 50 minutes to complete it so about 25 minutes for each round which is not too bad. I am going to do day 10 tomorrow (Tuesday) and then wait until Wednesday to measure myself.



Delighted I finally completed level 1 yesterday along with Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones. I really felt it today, I could barely walk. I took my measurements this evening and they are not that good. I am not too disheartened though as I can feel the effect it is having on my body. I am looking forward to starting level 2 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment