Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Post Easter WI



I normally WI on a Thursday but after checking my own scales this morning, I was considering missing my WI this week. I could come up with every excuse in the book (TOTM, being sick, on meds, messed up appetite) but the truth is I could have had better control over the weekend. It started with alcohol on Thursday, followed by hangover food on Friday, lunch with the girls and dinner out on Saturday, Easter eggs and roast dinner with the trimmings on Sunday. No-one or nothing is to blame for that except me.

I do feel guilty especially as I had finally got my motivation back. One thing I realised is that life is going to get in the way at times. After having conflicted emotions about whether to WI this week or not, I decided to go and get it over with this evening. I was up 2.5 lbs. Not my finest moment but I am so glad that I did it. Whether I weighed in or not this week, that gain would still be there. I would still have to battle to lose it for next week. However while I would love the whole 2.5 lbs gone by next week, even if is not, I should still see a loss next week.

It can be so easy to gain weight but it is harder to lose it. You may be lucky to lose the weight you gained and more within the space of a week, unfortunately I am not one of those people. No matter how hard I worked this week, I still would have seen a gain next week, albeit smaller. That can lead to a vicious cycle. You can get demotivated seeing a gain after having a really good week. You can forget the reason for the gain is a previous bad week catching up with you. This can lead you to have a bad day which can lead to another bad week and the cycle begins again. This is why it is so important to go to your WI. You never know you may just see a STS or a loss.

Am I glad I went? Yes. Am I disappointed with the gain? Of course. However the only thing a gain does is set your goal back a week. That will happen whether you weigh in or not. Missing your weigh in can lead to a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment