Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Sunday 28 April 2013

My Fitness Challenge Day 12 and 13.....and a bit of a WW ramble!

This post is all over the place and a bit of a ramble so I apologise!! It starts with last Sunday's fitness post and then goes on to today's!



Nothing like doing a good workout on a Sunday afternoon. It really does put you in a good mood. I also find it stops me from boredom eating or in this case hangover eating. I did 30DS level 2 day 2 today. I did it in 37 minutes which is not great but an improvement. Just something to note if you do 30DS, for the walkout push-ups make sure to bend your knees if you are not that flexible. The instructors do it without bending their knees but I would only end up injuring myself if I kept then straight.

I finally got around to doing Banish Fat Boost Metabolism again. It was much easier this time round and I even enjoyed it. I will admit though that I skipped the burpees. I have never been able to do them so rather than risk injuring myself, I just jogged on the stop for that exercise. It took me 1hr 10mins previously to complete it and I am proud to say that it only took me 57mins this time around! I am already looking forward to next weekend and doing it again.



Eek my fitness challenge was put on the wayside this last week. I have not been sleeping that well and the tiredness got the best of me, not to mention work was extremely stressful this week. I finally gathered to energy to do a workout on Saturday (yesterday). I did BFBM and I did it in 51 minutes! I had intended on doing 30DS but I was wrecked after doing BFBM. I was feeling really disheartened until I was reading a WW supplement. It talks about how we are more likely to fail if we are too hard on ourselves. So instead of being annoyed with not doing my planned exercise, I am proud of myself for doing BFBM.

Today, Sunday, I am sitting here writing this and putting off doing my workout. Even after a 10 hour sleep last night, I am still tired and just drained of energy. I have no idea why. Granted I do have my TOTM but I have never been this tired before. Also I should add that my previous attempt to try and overcome the TOTM weight gain myth is well and truly abandoned. Now in fairness I have not been as bad as I have been in the past. The worse is picking at the rich tea biscuits, which for some reason my Mum decided to buy a double packet of before going on holidays! Maybe a sneaky bar of chocolate as well and okay a few bottles of fizzy drinks.....and not diet. However if you have read my previous posts you will now that I can easily demolish a share bag of Minstrels and tube of Pringles in one sitting so I am not going to stress over a few biscuits. I really have come a long way in the space of a few weeks. My scales are showing me as STS so there is still hope to get down a lb or two before Wednesday. Anyway I am going to get up and do my exercise and the next paragraph will be about my results.......when this programme finishes, I'll definitely do it then!

If you saw me this evening, you would laugh your head off at me. I was a mess. I got up started, to do 30DS, and after the warm-up, I gave up. I decided to do a few sit-ups instead. There I was lying on the floor, thinking how ridiculous I was being; so up I got and did level 2 day 3. I was sweating like a pig by the end of it. My phone died during it so no idea what my time was but I say it was bad enough. I am just glad I did it. Now to push myself to do it tomorrow.

Going off topic again, my appetite seems to be all over the place this last week. It probably is a mixture of PMS and lack of sleep. When I get up in the morning, the last thing I want to do is eat but I force myself as I know I'll be starving in work. Then as it turns out I am starving anyway by 10. Nothing seems to work, I've tried porridge and boiled eggs. Then lunch comes and I could easily skip it as I just don't want to face food.
Come dinner, I am hungry but nothing appeals to me and funnily enough neither does junk food. I had bought  some gorgeous smoked salmon the other day, it cost €5, but I have yet to open it as its the last thing I want to eat. This evening I had planned a gorgeous beef and trimmings dinner but I wasn't that hungry. I am proud of myself as instead I just had some beef with two poached eggs. It was a light meal and better than not eating anything or even worse, eating crap. I am open to suggestions on how to overcome this and I am willing to try anything! I know I probably just need to wait it out but I really don't want it to effect my plans or my weight loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment