Weight loss is for life, not just for Summer

Hi, welcome to my blog. My name is Éabha and I am 23 years old. For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. This blog is all about my weight loss journey, both the highs and lows. I hope that it will keep me motivated and inspire others who are in the same situation as me.

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Life just sometimes gets in the way and the confusion with Weight Watchers bread doesn't help!

I am having one of those days where I am extremely jealous of celebrities. They not only have all the money in the world but they also have all the time in the world to exercise. If I had the life of a celebrity I would have had this weight long gone. Instead I arrive into work this morning to find that I have to help out on a project. This project will be great for my career but it also means working overtime all week which means no WI. I was gutted when my boss told me especially as I had made such an effort to be good yesterday and today. Anyway I am not going to let it get me down. I had a little mini blow-out tonight. For the record I had two Malteaser bars and....ok this one is bad, but I had a Mint Dairy Milk bar. I now have 8 days to add to the loss that I should have gotten tomorrow; my scales were showing a lb loss this morning and my scales are pretty accurate. I am really going to put an effort in this week as I really want to get my silver seven within the next two weeks. I have 3lbs gone so need 4 more; 2lbs a week is definitely doable. I hope everyone else has a great WI this week. Now for some more complaining!

Thin Slice Pan
I am going to do some nitpicking with Weight Watchers Brennans bread. Homemade soup has long become a favourite of mine for lunch. With the soup I love to have a ham sandwich made with Weight Watchers wholemeal bread.

Thick Slice Pan

Originally I used the thin sliced bread as I thought it was lower in points than the thick slice. The thin slice is 1pp per slice while the thick slice is 2pp per slice.

Thick Slices
One day I couldn't get the thin slice pan anywhere so I decided to get the thick slice pan. To my shock 2 slices of the thick pan is 3pps which is the same as 2 slices of the thin pan. Then I noticed that the thick slices are shorter but thicker than the thin slices, so effectively you are getting the same amount of bread.
Thin Slices

That is, until I got the thin sliced pan last week, and to my shock what used to be nice long slices, are now short slices. It still has the same thinness, yet the nutritional value is the exact same.

The thick sliced pan is definitely better value but I find it heavy on the stomach. I am also trying to reduce the amount of bread I eat which is why I preferred the thin slices. I feel like I am being robbed. Has anyone else found this problem or is it just my imagination?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Éabha,
    I bought the Johnston, Mooney & O'Brien Handy Wholemeal 1/2 pan and it works out as 3pp for two slices! Cheaper and tastier than WW bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey have you tried the Hovis Nimble bread? You get it in lidl & it's 2pps for 2 slices afaik
    Flowerpower x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys. I will give both of those a try. Flowerpower I just pointed the Hovis Nimble and it is 3 points for 2 slices. I don't think there is any bread out there that is 1 point for 1 slice and 2 points for 2 slices :(

    Éabha x

    ReplyDelete